From the article: Queens' Neighborhoods: Close to Manhattan
Finding a new mechanic can be a struggle. Are you getting ripped off? Is he doing a good job? Share your recommendations for auto mechanics in Queens, New York, and get tips from other residents and neighbors. Recommend a Mechanic
The Best of the Best
- I found an honest mechanic in Whitestone and travel over 35 miles to get to him - thats how good he is. Never tries to see you something you don't need. Personable and his prices are great.
- —Guest Carolyn
close to LIC and 7 train Vernon Blvd sta
- Junior's is actually at the very north end of McGuiness Blvd so technically it's in Brooklyn but just a short walk across the Pulaski Bridge from the Vernon Blvd 7 train station. I was recommended here by a city marshal tower who uses them all the time and I have gone there ever since. Price is always reasonable and Junior is always there to speak directly and show you what's what.
- —Guest Jonathan
For BMW, Mercedes, Audi & Range Rover
- Wanna keep that BMW, Mercedes, Audi & Range Rover running... Check out GTS Motors in Franklin Sq My dad and I have been dealing with them for over 20 yrs... Ask for sergio
- —Guest tray
My Favorite Mechanic in Queens
- My favorite mechanic is located on Metropolitan Ave,near Woodhaven Blvd. Just across the car wash and Trader Joes...call 718-459-3030 and ask for Jack (tell him GiGi sent you :) They are Very Honest and do an excellent job. Good Luck!
- —Guest GiGi
Astoria or Long Island Mechanic
- I can recommend Angel Gonzalez, 24-15 44 St Astoria NY, tel 718-278-7770.
- —Guest Gloria Soria
MECHANIC IN EASTERN QUEENS
- I live in far-east, New Hyde Park (part of which is REALLY in Queens - surprise!), which I know is geographically nowhere near the area requested. However, I recommend Bobb Howard, on Lakeville Rd., New Hyde Park, Nassau. Super honest & straight-forward!
- I absolutely recommend Parkway Service in Whitestone. They do not know I am recommending them here. I have found the owner and staff to be honest and trustworthy and to charge a very fair price on multiple occasions. They are located at 152-15 14th Road in Whitestone, NY 11357 Tel:(718) 767-7289
- —Guest Elisa
Good for an oil change
- Mobil Station @ Queens Blvd & 63rd Drive, Rego Park across from Sears. They have an ongoing $20 oil change deal. Gave a good assessment of the car, had suggestions for additional maintenance but didn't try to pressure when I said no thanks.
- —Guest Paul
Industrial Business Zone Manager
- I would like to recommend Michael Giannakos, Co-owner of Precision Auto Works for best auto mechanic and shop in Queens. They do both auto mechanics and body work. Both are done with a very high skill set. Quality and customer service are first and foremost with this group. I strongly recommend Precision Auto Works in Long Island City
- —Guest Debra Mesloh
- While I don't have a car, I've heard many good things about Michael Giannakos, Precision Auto Works. They do foreign & domestic repairs and body work. 37-46 9th Street, LIC, NY 11101. 718.786.2923. email@example.com
- Bob Mancz in Bellerose/Queens Village has been my husband's family's mechanic for years and they swear by him.
good Mechanic in Astoria?LIC
- I can strongly recommend Paul's Getty in Astoria. After being ripped off at a few local gas stations in the area, I tried Paul on a tip from Jackson Heights Life msg board. Paul is great! He as always been upfront about costs and needed vs. not needed repairs and he takes the time to explain what/why work needs to be done. Excellent service and a good price from a trusted mechanic. I would recommend him without reservations.