The Museum is in a Sunnyside warehouse, separated from the rest of the Long Island City art world by rail yards. It's only minutes away by the 7 train, but walking can be tricky. From the Museum of the Moving Image take Steinway/39th Street.
- Monday, Thursday, Friday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday - Closed
Address: Museum for African Art, 36-01 43rd Ave, 3rd floor, Long Island City, NY 11101, 718-784-7700
Directions by Car:
- Queensboro Bridge, follow signs to Queens Blvd and turn left on 35th. Right on 43rd Ave. Museum is at 36th St.
- LIE-East, just after Midtown Tunnel toll plaza, exit Borden Ave. Left on Borden. Left onto Van Dam St. Right on Queens Blvd. Left on 35th. Right on 43rd Avenue. Museum is at 36th St.
- LIE-West, exit Van Dam St. Right on Van Dam. Right on Queens Blvd and then left on 35th. Right on 43rd Ave. Museum is at 36th St.
Buses: Q32, Q39, and Q60 buses to Queens Blvd.
Where to Eat: It's a walk, but cheap, good coffee-house Alpha has donuts (Alpha, 45-16 Queens Blvd)