- The Museum of the Moving Image is open. It's undergoing a major expansion, but the core exhibits have reopened in the summer of 2008.
Recommended Length of Visit: 1.5 hours
- Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday - noon to 6 p.m.
- Monday - Closed
Address: 35th Avenue at 36th Street, Astoria, NY 11106, 718-784-0077
- Triborough Bridge: Exit at 31st St (first exit in Queens). Right on 31st (under subway). At 35th Ave, turn left and continue to 36th St.
- Grand Central (west): Exit at Hoyt Ave (last exit in Queens). Left onto 31st (under subway). Left onto 35 Ave and continue to 36 Street.
- BQE (west): Exit at Northern Blvd and go left (west) on Northern. Turn right onto 35th Ave (intersection at 45 degree angle) and continue to 36th.
- Parking: Metered parking spots on street have become tough to find. Try the rooftop lot at the nearby UA Kaufman Astoria movie theater (35-30 38th St).
Buses: Q66 to 35th Avenue, Q101 to Steinway, Q102 to 31st Street
Where to Eat: Arham Thai Restaurant (32-05 36 Ave) is great for a casual meal. Entrees are $6-$9 with fish dishes for $12+.