The BestUS Open
- August 27 to September 9, 2012
- The tennis greats come to Flushing Meadows for the most watched sporting event in the U.S. Keep your eyes peeled for morning rain: it could be your ticket to a free day at the US Open.
Cool DownWarm Up at PS 1
- Saturdays Through September 8, 2012
- Last chance to move your dancing feet this year at PS 1.
Remember and Never Forget9/11 Memorial Events in Queens - September 8-12, 2012
- There are memorials and tributes throughout Queens.
Delicious Tastes of QueensViva La Comida! 82nd Street Festival at Dunningham Triangle
- September 21, 2012
- Jeff Orlick and friends with the 82nd Street Partnership are gathering what is possibly the greatest concentration of street cart food vendors the world (or at least New York) has ever seen. Jeff's events are singularly delicious and innovative. I heartily recommend checking out this new one. This year it's what I'm calling the replacement for Queens Restaurant Week.
When Pigs RaceQueens County Fair
- September 22-23, 2012
- County fair? Where are we? Upstate New York? The only working (museum) farm in NYC is the site of the annual Queens County Fair, and it's pretty darn great, especially the pie-eating contest.
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.