Chop, ChopMulchFest at NYC Parks
- January 12 and 13, 2013 Bring your Christmas tree to a participating park and get it chopped to bits. NYC Parks will mulch your tree and give you a bag of mulch to use in your garden. There are 11 sites in Queens. In addition, this year you can bring a tree to a drop-off site January 9-13.
Curators' Choice: The Best of 2012Curators' Choice: The Best of 2012 at Moving Image Museum
- January 8-February 22, 2013
- The top pick movies for 2012 include a presentation of The Deep Blue Sea with Rachel Weis in person for a discussion of the film. It's case where the live performance might overshine the main event. Either way, the montn plus is full of the best critically acclaimed films. Check it out.
Eat and Enjoy the Manhattan View for LessNYC Winter Restaurant Week in Queens
- January 14 - February 8, 2013 (weekdays)
- There's only one restaurant in Queens that's slipped into NYC Winter Restaurant Week, but it's a definite score. Water's Edge in Long Island City has fantastic views.
Tangoing on the Sunnyside of the BoroughafroTANGO at Thalia Spanish Theatre
- January 25 - March 17, 2013
- Thalia Theatre brings big names in tango to Sunnyside, including Latin Grammy winner Raul Jaurena. The theater hosts a world premier tango musical, and you can can bring your dancing feet.
Rob Schneider in QueensRob Schneider Live! at Queensborough Performing Arts Center - January 27, 2013
- The man who has stolen so many movies will try to steal your laugher late this January in Bayside. Let's see ...he was the star of Deuce Bigalow, and he made 50 First Dates worth watching, and there have been many, many others. He was a regular on Saturday Night Live, too. You may have missed Seinfeld at Queens College, but don't miss Schneider at Queensborough. Enjoy!
Celebrate the Year of the DragonLunar New Year/Spring Festival in Flushing
- TBD 2013
- The Flushing Lunar New Year Parade is a great way to spend a winter Saturday. It's also the best time to combine a parade. fireworks, dragons, and dim sum when you're in downtown Flushing. Sure, it's in February this year, but that's close enough!
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
. The newsletter is the best way to keep up-to-date with the website.
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.