Chop, ChopMulchFest at NYC Parks
- January 11 and 12, 2014 Bring your Christmas tree to a participating park and get it chopped to bits. NYC Parks will mulch your tree and give you a bag of mulch to use in your garden. There are 14 sites in Queens. In addition, this year you can bring a tree to a drop-off site January 4-12.
Get CrownedLive Event - Indie Essentials: Multiplayer Tournament at Moving Image Museum
- January 24, 2014
- You can be crowned champion! This is your chance to let your video gaming skills shine in competitions for indie games Killer Queen Arcade and SlashDash. Duel ninjas ...yeah, you know this is great!
Tangoing on the Sunnyside of the BoroughLo mejor del TANGO at Thalia Spanish Theatre
- January 31 - March 23, 2014
- Thalia Theatre brings big names in tango to Sunnyside, including Latin Grammy winner Raul Jaurena. The theater hosts the best tango music, and you can can bring your dancing feet.
Celebrate the Year of the HorseLunar New Year/Spring Festival in Flushing
- TBD 2014
- The Flushing Lunar New Year Parade is a great way to spend a winter Saturday. It's also the best time to combine a parade. fireworks, dragons, and dim sum when you're in downtown Flushing. Sure, it's in February this year, but that's close enough!
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
. The newsletter is the best way to keep up-to-date with the website.
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.