Celebrate the Year of the Horse
Lunar New Year/Spring Festival in Flushing
- February 8, 2014
- The Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year Parade in Flushing is a great event you should not miss. The only drawback is the weather, and maybe parking, too. Pair your parade-going with a fine Korean or Chinese meal and you're golden in the year of the snake. This year you also can hope there will be Spring-like weather at what is also known as the Spring Festival.
Love Is in the Air
Romantic Spots for Valentines in Queens
- February 14, 2014
- Valentines is a Friday this year, and that is prime time for treating your sweetie. How about celebrating this Valentine's Day the whole weekend of February 8-10? Here are some restaurant and other spots for a little romance. Make your reservations early.
What's Happened to Bayside?
My Childhood in Bayside (vs. What’s There Now)
- February 2, 2014
- Queens borough historian and urban geographer Jack Eichenbaum leads a walking out of Bayside, his hometown. Explore the area and see how it has changed with another chapter of history unfolding. The area was once home to many stars of the silent film era. Eichenbaum's tours are a must for anyone who loves the borough, loves to explore, or wants to learn more about this area.
Classic ...Video Games!
Indie Essentials: 25 Must-Play Video Games
- December 14, 2013 - March 2, 2014
- Diner Dash, Minecraft, Passage, Today I Die ...these are some of the unforgettable video games of the lasst 12 years. Check it out at the Museum of the Moving Image where you don't just see the games, you get to play the games. There are 25 independent games available.
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
. The newsletter is the best way to keep up-to-date with the website.
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.