Celebrate the Year of the SnakeLunar New Year/Spring Festival in Flushing
- February 16, 2013
- The Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year Parade in Flushing is a great event you should not miss. The only drawback is the weather, and maybe parking, too. Pair your parade-going with a fine Korean or Chinese meal and you're golden in the year of the snake. This year you also can hope there will be Spring-like weather at what is also known as the Spring Festival.
Love Is in the AirRomantic Spots for Valentines in Queens
- February 14, 2013
- Valentines is a Thursday this year, but that doesn't mean you can forget to treat your sweetie. How about celebrating this Valentine's Day the weekend of February 15-16? Here are some restaurant and other spots for a little romance. Make your reservations early.
What's Happening to Queens Plaza?The Transformation of Queens Plaza
- February 17, 2013
- Queens borough historian and urban geographer Jack Eichenbaum leads a walking out of Queens Plaza, an area that is seeing another chapter unfold in its history of development. Eichenbaum's tours are a must for anyone who loves the borough, loves to explore, or wants to learn more about this area.
Classic TV ...LiveMaking Roots, and Making TV History
- January 27-March 17, 2012
- Ben Vereen, Lou Gossett, Jr., LeVar Burton, and Leslie Uggams come to the Museum of the Moving Image to talk about the ground-breaking Roots miniseries, which aired in 1977. Excerpts from influential series will be screened, and the discussion will be moderated by Donald Thoms of PBS. The event is in conjunction with the PBS series Pioneers of Television.
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
. The newsletter is the best way to keep up-to-date with the website.
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.