Roll Out the Eggs and Have a Happy EasterEaster in Queens - March 31, 2013
- Christians across Queens celebrate the holiest day early this year in late March. Easter weekend you'll find packed churches, and also Easter egg hunts and more for the kids on both days of the weekend.
Mets Home Opener at Citi FieldMets Opening Day 2013 vs. San Diego Padres - April 1, 2013
- The Mets meet the Pares for the Home Opener at Citi Field. Will this be a year to cheer?
See the Ponies Hit the DirtWood Memorial at Aqueduct Racetrack - April 6, 2013
- The biggest race at Aqueduct is named for Eugene D. Wood, a founder of the long-lost Jamaica racetrack. It's on the road to the Triple Crown for three-year-olds, and a fine afternoon if the early spring sun is out in South Ozone Park.
JFK Rotary Club "5K Runway Run"Sunday, April 14, 2013
- Amazing! You get to run on the runway of one of the busiest airports in the world. What could be better? More at: http://www.jfkrunwayrun.org/
The World of the #7 TrainWalking/Subway Tour With Urban Geographer Jack Eichenbaum - April 27, 2013, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- It's $39 for a full-day tour in and out of neighborhoods from LIC to Flushing. This is the grand tour of all the walking tours of Queens. If you want to know these neighborhoods (and where to eat in these neighborhoods), this is the day for you.
Get Green in Queens
Earth Day Celebrations TBD
To hear about more local events in Queens, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter. The newsletter is the best way to keep up-to-date with the website. You can also subscribe to the blog via RSS.