Toast the Runners in LICNYC Marathon in Queens
- November 6, 2011
- Get to Vernon Boulevard for the best NYC Marathon party. The sidewalks and great restaurants and bars on Vernon aren't mobbed like those along the route in Manhattan, and it's the halfway point, a place where runners need that extra cheer.
Balloons Over Flushing MeadowsMacy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon Practice
- Early November 2011
- The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons has come a couple times to Flushing Meadows for practice in early November. It's a real treat, but not one that's officially announced. As soon as I hear official word and times, I'll post here. It may not happen in Flushing. The last couple years the tests have been in Jersey. Jersey! Give me a break!
Time TravelEighteenth-Century Tavern Nights at Queens Farm Museum
- November 4, 5, and 11, 2011
- The farm puts on a feast from the 1700s with traditional foods and setting. Reserve in advance - $75. This is surely for a select audience, but could be fascinating stuff for history buffs and foodies who have eaten it all.
Walk ReligionReligion on the Land: Polytheologic Flushing
- Saturday, November 12, 2011, noon
- Join Queens historian and urban geographer Jack Eichenbaum for a walking tour through Flushing along its religious geography. Go from the oldest extant house of worship in New York State to the latest. Sponsored by the Municipal Art Society - $15.
Taking Care of BusinessLIC Partnership Annual Luncheon and Trade Show
- November 16, 2011
- The biggest business networking event in Queens is an annual affair run by the Long Island City Partnership (formerly the LICBDC). The name says Long Island City, but entrepreneurs borough-wide can find good connects at the free trade show.
Give Thanks!Thanksgiving Dinner in Queens
- November 25, 2010
- Restaurants throughout the borough serving turkey dinner and all the trimmings on Thanksgiving Day.
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.