Taste of Queens Coming to Citi FieldQueens Taste 2013 - May 14, 2013
- Taste of Queens is the annual fundraiser where over 40 local restaurants put their best foods forward -- is coming to at Citi Field on May 14, 2013. Sounds like a great to chance to enjoy the stadium while snacking through dinner.
Treat Your Mama Right! You Only Got OneMothers Day in Queens - May 12, 2013
- A few ideas for treating your mother to brunch or dinner (or a picnic) on a special day. Don't forget the flowers.
LIC Arts OpenMay 15-19, 2013
- Long Island City gets all artsy with tons of events planned -- all open to the pubic, some free. Highlights last year included Artists Open Studios, Gantry Plaza Art Adventure, and more theater, dance events, and LIC walking tours by Queens Borough historian Jack Eichenbaum. Check the LIC Arts Open site for details.
Walking Tour - What's New in Long Island City?Friday, May 17, 5:45 p.m.
- Walk Long Island City and see its history and changes through the eyes of borough historian Jack Eichenbaum. The tour goes from Queensboro Plaza to the East River. Usually, the weather in May is about the best walking weather you can get in Queens, so I recommend this ramble with enthusiasm.
The Best Circus in a ParkBig Apple Circus at Cunningham Park; May 19 - June 16, 2013
- Every May the Big Apple Circus brings its tents, elephants, and high-wires to Cunningham Park for a truly delightful two weeks in Fresh Meadows. The weather is lovely; the circus is a top-notch act. The combination is perfect in a venue that's all neighborhood, no glitz. I highly recommend bringing your family to the show this spring.
Honor Those Who Fought for FreedomMemorial Day Parades - Monday, May 27, 2013
- Memorial Day parades go throughout the borough, including the Little Neck-Douglaston Memorial Day Parade, one of the largest in the country. It's honestly the event of the year in the northeast corner of Queens. More local affairs in College Point, Whitestone, Laurelton, Glendale, Forest Hills, and more neighborhoods bring out crowds to honor those who paid the biggest sacrifice for our country.
To hear about more local events in Queens
, check in every Thursday for the weekend roundup
or sign up for the weekly Queens newsletter
. The newsletter is the best way to keep up-to-date with the website. You can also subscribe to the blog via RSS
Got an event? See our Queens event listing guidelines, or post your event to the Queens, NY, Forum.