Alley Pond Park
The Golden Bear Driving Range and mini-golf at Alley Pond is at the base of Little Neck Bay, right off of Northern Boulevard. The driving range is very popoular, and you'll want to arrive early to avoid a wait on the weekends. The mini-golf course is a good course, though it lacks the cartoony "windmills" and such of many mini-golf courses.
Driving range and mini-golf
Directions to Golden Bear Driving Range - Alley Pond Park:
- Alley Pond Park, Northern Blvd. at 221st St., 718-225-9187
- Car: Cross Island to Northern Boulevard exit, east
- Parking: Free lot at driving range.
- Train: LIRR to Douglaston > walk south on 235th St > right on Northern Blvd.
- By Bus: Q12
Flushing Meadows Park
Flushing Meadows has a par-3 pitch and putt golf course ($11, $12 weekends) and an 18-hole miniature golf course ($6.50 adults, $5 children/seniors).
Pitch and Putt, Mini-Golf
Directions to Flushing Meadows Pitch and Putt:
- Flushing Meadow - Corona Park, Passarelle Ramp at Willets Point Station, 718-271-8182
- Car: College Point Blvd > right into Park > turn right and continue to pitch and putt. From highways, see Flushing Meadows Directions. Pitch and Putt is east of the USTA center. Closest parking is under the Van Wyck.
- Subway: 7 to Willets Point/Shea Stadium, LIRR to Willests Point. Walk south to Park and continue to left to pitch and putt.
- Bus: Q48 to Roosevelt Ave and walk south into Park.
Breezy Point, Jacob Riis Park
Jacob Riis Park, Breezy Point in the Rockaways, has a good 18-hole, par-3 pitch and putt course. It's open all day, seven days a week.
Pitch and Putt
Directions to Breezy Point Pitch and Putt:
- Jacob Riis Park, 155 Street and the Broadwalk, Far Rockaway, NY 11694, 718-474-1623
- Car: Beach Channel Drive or Flatbush Ave to Jacob Riis Park > follow signs to Jacob Riis parking > take first left to parking lot > go toward smokestack > park and walk toward promenade > turn right > continue past bathrooms and golf course is on right. No need to pay the tolls for the park.