Top Ten Languages Spoken in Queens
- English (vast majority)
- Tagalog (Filipino)
- French Creole
- Spanish-speaking at home 485,046 or 23%
- The other languages are spoken by much smaller numbers.
- According to the US Census 2000, SF3, PCT10
According to the 2000 Census, more than half of Queens residents, ages 5 and older, speak a language other than English at home.
- Residents speaking a language at home other than English - 1,120,455 or 54%
Just over a quarter of the population isn't exactly fluent in English.
- Residents who speak English less than "very well" - 580,368 or 28%