Shea Stadium and Mets 2008 Season:
- Shea Stadium address and map:
- 123-01 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing, NY 11368 (Google Maps)
Mets Schedule 2008 - Home Games at Shea Stadium:
- 2008 Schedule Mets Baseball
- Home Opener at Shea - April 8, 2008, 1:10 p.m., versus the Philadelphia Phillies
- Subway Series - The Mets play the New York Yankees on May 16, 17, and 18, 2008, in the Bronx (and for the last time at the house that Ruth built), and on June 27, 28, and 29 at Shea Stadium.
- Promotions and Special Events at Shea Stadium
- Spring Training is February 26 to March 29, 2008
Driving Directions to Shea Stadium:
- Grand Central Parkway
- East. To Northern Blvd/Shea Stadium (Exit 9E).
- West. To Northern Blvd/Shea Stadium (Exit 9W). Left for P1/P9 or right for P2.
- Van Wyck/Whitestone Expressway
- Whitestone-south. To Linden Blvd (Exit 14), turn left on College Point Blvd. Right on Roosevelt Ave.
- Van Wyck-north. To Northern Blvd West (Exit 13W) to Shea Stadium Exit.
- Long Island Expressway (LIE)
- East. Midtown Tunnel to LIE to Grand Central-west (exit 22A).
- West. To Grand Central-west (exit 22A).
- Or to College Point Blvd. Continue north on College Point and you will soon see parking signs on left (under Van Wyck).
Driving and Parking at Shea Stadium:
- Main Parking at Shea is as you exit the Grand Central at 9E and 9W.
- More Access Roads: Northern Blvd, Roosevelt Ave, College Point Blvd.
- More - Parking Tips Below
Getting to Shea Stadium by Subway, LIRR, or Bus :
- 7 subway to Willets Pt/Shea Stadium. Exit station and take pedestrian ramp to Shea.
- LIRR to Willets Point, on Port Washington line. Exit station north and take pedestrian ramp to Shea. The Port Washington line connects to Penn Station, not to Jamaica or Brooklyn.
- LIRR Schedule
- Q44, Q66
Eating and Drinking at Shea Stadium:
Kosher Food at Shea: Right Field Food Court is on the Field Level, Section 3 of the Loge, and Section 6 of the Mezz.
Alcohol Free Seating: No alcohol allowed in Upper Reserved sections: 10-12-14-16.
Tailgating in the parking lots is officially discouraged by the Mets, but it's common at games, especially on weekends.
Shea Stadium History and Future:
Construction of Citifield has been swift, and fans often stop to gawk at the rising structure when arriving at Shea Stadium.
Mets Rain Games:
- New York Mets, Ticket Office, Shea Stadium, 123-01 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing, NY 11368
Shea Stadium Picnic Area:
Shea Stadium Parking:
- P1 "A" Lot: Enter from 126th St, near Northern Blvd. This is the largest Shea Stadium parking lot. Across the street are Willets Point auto body shops.
- P2 "South" Lot: Use Flushing Meadows turnoff from Roosevelt Ave east, or the Roosevelt Ave East signs from Stadium Rd.
- P3 Whitestone Lot: Under highway. Enter from Northern Blvd or Marina circle. Very small lot, adjacent to Marina.
- P4 World's Fair Marina: Shea exit from Northern Blvd west, or Northern/Astoria Blvd. West exit from Van Wyck north. This is a smaller lot with a walk to the stadium, but it's nice to be on the water.
- P12 Van Wyck Lot: Under highway. Enter via College Pt Blvd. From this lot it's over a mile walk to the stadium.
- Parking at NY Hall of Science, Lot P5, exit 10 from Grand Central. Located on opposite side of Grand Central from Shea. Trolley service available to Shea.
- Parking in Flushing Meadows, Lots P6, P7, P11, exit 9P from Grand Central and turn right. Continue past Queens Museum. Trolley service available to Shea.
123-01 Roosevelt Ave.
Flushing, NY 11368