Catch the Ponies at the Track:
- Aqueduct is now a racino. That means there's a video slot and gaming casino at Aqueduct. a racino? FAQs about gambling at Aqueduct.
Though less famous than nearby Belmont, Aqueduct hosts excellent racing, including the Wood Memorial every April, a test of three-year-olds headed to the Kentucky Derby.
- 88th Running of the Wood Memorial, April 7, 2012
Aqueduct Racetrack - Schedule:
Winter/Spring Season is from January 1 to Sunday, April 22. Post times are 12:30 p.m. from January 1 to March 6, and 1 p.m. from March 9 to May 1.
- During the winter racing is on the inner track. Usually by early March the horses move to the main track.
- No races on most Mondays and Tuesdays, called "Dark Mondays" and "Dark Tuesdays," except for holidays. See official Aqueduct's site for all schedule details.
- Gates Open: 11 a.m.
Visiting Aqueduct Racetrack and Admission:
If you go on a sunny winter day, it's a lot of fun to watch the horses race. Cold, windy, wet days are another story. Admission to the clubhouse, however, is now free.
A day at the races is also great for people-watching. The adjoining casino at Aqueduct is now the bigger draw.
- Grandstand Admission: free
- Free from January 2 to March 7.
- Clubhouse Admission: free
Aqueduct Racetrack by the Numbers:
- Main Course: 1 1/8 Miles
- Inner Dirt Course: 1 Mile
- Turf Course: 7/8 Mile
- Attendance Capacity: 40,000
- Trackside Dining: 1,200
Aqueduct Racetrack - By Subway or Bus:
- The A train to Aqueduct North Conduit Avenue, or
- The A train -- north-bound only -- to the Aqueduct Racetrack Station. Subway stops at this station only on race days, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Courtesy bus service is available to the Admission Gate from the subway.
- Q7, Q11, Q37, Q41.
Aqueduct Racetrack - Driving Directions:
- Directions to Aqueduct - detailed
- Map to Aqueduct Racetrack (Google Maps)
- Address - 110-00 Rockaway Blvd, South Ozone Park, NY 11420
From the Belt Parkway: East-bound Exit 19. West-bound Exit 18-B (Lefferts Blvd.). Then follow signs to track.
From Manhattan: Midtown Tunnel to the LIE-East (or the Triborugh Bridge to the Grand Central) > to the Van Wyck South > Exit #3 Linden Blvd. > Turn right on Linden and follow signs to track.
Parking: General parking is $1.
- Free from January 2 to March 7
- Clubhouse Preferred Parking is $5 total.
- Valet Parking is $5.
Aqueduct Racetrack - History:
Eating and Drinking at Aqueduct Racetrack:
- For reservations at Equestris Restaurant call 718-529-8700.
- Proper attire is required at Equestris.
Aqueduct Racetrack Address:
110-00 Rockaway Blvd
South Ozone Park, NY 11417
Directions to Aqueduct
New York Racing Association
PO Box 90
Jamaica NY 11417