- St. Patrick's Parade in Rockaways - Saturday, March 2, 2013
2013 St. Patrick's Parade in the Rockaways:
- Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Saturday, March 2, 2013, 1 p.m.
- Parade Route: Starts at Beach 130th St and Newport Ave >> Along Newport to Beach 116th St >> To Rockaway Beach Blvd >> Along Rockaway Beach Blvd >> Ends at Beach 101st St and Rockaway Beach Blvd.
- Subway/Directions: The A train to Beach 116th St.
- Viewing Stand: Beach 105th St and Rockaway Beach Blvd
- Post-Parade Ceremonies - St. Camillus School Hall, 3Beach 100th St, Rockaway Beach
2013 St. Pat's Parade Details:
- Expected to March: TBD - Usually Mayor Bloomberg, Senator Charles Schumer, Joe Crowley, NYC Council Speaker Christine Quinn)
- Honorees: Grand Marshal - The Honorable John. T. Ahern
- Marching/Performing: 20+ bands will march, including bagpipe bands, school bands, and community bands, hailing from NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, and upstate.
- Post-Parade Rugby: Local rugby clubs Fisheads has a fundraiser at the OLD beach club parking lot. Live bands. After the parade.
The Rockaways is the home of many Irish-American families, and counts high number of New York's Finest and Bravest as community members. The parade and the day is really a highlight of the year in the Rockaways -- well, at least when people aren't at the beach.
Irish Pubs in the Rockaways:
- Irish Circle, 101-19 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Rockaway Park, 718-474-9002
- Kerry Hills Pub, 115-10 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Far Rockaway, 718-318-1964
- After Party: Belle Harbor Yacht Club (533 Beach 126th St)
Contact the Queens St. Patrick's Parade Organizers:
- Official Website - Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade and Cultural Committee
- Michael Benn, Committee President
- email: KroppyBoy@aol.com
- Contact Mike if your group wants to march and celebrate Irish heritage.