Little Neck-Douglaston Memorial Day ParadeThe Little Neck-Douglaston Memorial Day Parade is billed as the largest Memorial Day Parade in the nation. This year the 82nd annual parade will be held on Monday, May 25. The grand marshal is Master Sergeant Chester L. Marcus, Jr. of the US Army Reserve, and Mayor Bloomberg and Queens Borough president Helen Marshall are the honorary grand marshals.
- Little Neck-Douglaston Memorial Day Parade
- Monday, May 27, 2013 - rain or shine - Parade starts 2 p.m.
- Interfaith service at 10 a.m., Zion Episcopal Church, 243-01 Northern Blvd, Douglaston, NY
- Wreath-laying ceremony, the Veterans Monument and Flagpole, St. Anastasia's courtyard, Northern Blvd and Alameda Ave., following the interfaith service
- Parade Starts at 2 p.m. - Northern Blvd and Jayson St in Great Neck.
- Parade route is along Northern Blvd from Jayson St in Great Neck, west to St. Anastasia's courtyard at Alameda Blvd.in Douglaston
- Closing ceremony at St. Anastasia's, 4:30 p.m.
- Website - Little Neck-Douglaston Memorial Day Parade Org., Inc.
- The following details will be confirmed closer to the parade date, but this is traditionally what goes on:
- Brunch at St. Anastasia's Father Smith Hall, following wreath-laying
- Free hot dogs, burgers, and drinks at St. Anastasia's schoolyard throughout day
- Jitney - Catch a ride back or forth. Ollie's Taxi Service - Noon-2 p.m. and 4:30-6 p.m. In front of St. Anastasia schoolyard, on Northern Boulevard.
Woodhaven's Memorial Day Remembrance
May 23, 2013, 7 p.m., "We do it because it needs to be done," Forest Parkway Plaza at Forest Parkway and Jamaica Avenue.
Sunnyside Gardens Park Annual Memorial Day Fair
May 25, 2013, rides, arts & crafts, BBQ, games, music and dancing, 48-21 39th Ave, Sunnyside, 718-672-1555