Hanukkah (also spelled Chanukah) is from sunset, November 27, to sunset, December 5, in 2013. There are Hanukkah celebrations happening throughout Queens, and here are a few of the bigger events. Have a great holiday!
Chanukah Party in Astoria
Hot latkes, desserts, menorah lighting, dreidl games, and more at Astoria Center of Israel.
- December 1, 2013, 3 p.m.
- $10/$12; $5 children 6-12; children under 5 free
- Astoria Center of Israel, 27-35 Crescent St, Astoria, NY, 11102, 718-278-2680.
Chanukah Family Fun Festival in Forest Hills
Juggling plus face painting, donuts, inflatables, menorah lightings, and snacks for sale.
- November 24, 2013, 1-3:30 p.m. $5 for kids
- Central Queens YM & YWHA, 67-09 108th Street, Forest Hills, NY 11375
Public Menorah Lighting in Long Island City
Celebrate with juggling, latkes, jelly donuts, and more at this public menorah lighting.
- November 27, 2013, 6 p.m.
- Chabad of LIC, Vernon Blvd Btwn 50th Ave Long Island City, NY 11101
Hanukkah Performance at Flushing Town Hall
Celebrate Hanukkah with storyteller Robin Bady and rock violinist Deni Bonet.
- Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah! - December 1, 2013
- Flushing Town Hall, 137-35 Northern Blvd, Flushing, 718-463-7700
Is your synagogue celebrating Hanukkah with a public event? Please email me the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.