On Valentine's Day treat your honey to dinner or a night out at one of these romantic spots in Queens, New York.
If nothing else, your choice of Il Toscano on Valentine's evening will impress your date. It is one of the best restaurants in Queens, serving glorious northern Italian food. You will pay handsomely for the stellar service and top-quality food, but it is worth every penny.
- Il Toscano, 42-05 235th St, Douglaston, 718-631-0300
- Thalia Spanish Theatre, 41-17 Greenpoint Ave, Sunnyside, 718-729-3880
- Laughing Devil Comedy Club, 4738 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City, NY, 347-913-3845
Yaowza! Spicy & Tasty serves Sichuan food. That's real Chinese food. And the omnipresent Sichuan peppercorn is an amazing flavor. It's hot, but you can handle it. It will definitely jump-start your engines.
- Spicy & Tasty, 39-07 Prince St, Flushing, 718-359-1601
Judith Klein of Foodista
Here's a sample of five great restaurants in Astoria for that special night. Enjoy!
6. Sweets for the Sweet at Eddie's Ice Cream in Forest HillsAfraid your date will see through your Match.com age? Show off the best of the old-timers at this amazing '50s-era sweets shop. The hand-made ice cream is a throwback that's cause for revival.
- Eddie's Sweet Shop, 10529 Metropolitan Ave, Forest Hills, 718-520-8514
- LIC Bar, 45-58 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101 - 718-786-5400
8. Wide-Eyed at Water's Edge RestaurantCan't mesmerize your date with conversation? Then you need the view at Water's Edge to keep you both company. Service is either great or chaotic, but you two won't care as long as you gawk out the window over dinner or drinks.
- Water's Edge, East River @ 44th Dr, Long Island City, 718-482-0033