The Bottom Line
The attention and care is obvious, not just in the dark wood bar, leather booths, and frosted, etched glass, but in the food and service. On busy Woodhaven Boulevard, WH is a good pit stop close to the Queens Center Mall.
- Irish pub at its finest
- Quality food and Guinness
- Beautiful decor
- Not a Bloom's...yet
- A taxi away from the Irish neighborhoods of Woodside and Sunnyside
- Woodhaven House Address: 6398 Woodhaven Boulevard, Rego Park, NY 11374 (at the Middle Village border)
- Phone: 718-894-5400
- Public Transportation: G, R, V subways at 63rd Dr/Queens Blvd are closest. Best are 11, 38, 53 buses.
- Former digs of Kate Cassidy's.
- A great place to stop after shopping at Queens Center Mall, just up Woodhaven Blvd.
Guide Review - Woodhaven House, Irish Pub in Rego Park
But all the other quality that marked Bloom's has been brought to Woodhaven House. The interior is beautiful. It's an Irish pub fantasy: polished dark wood, frosted and etched glass, black-and-white tile floors, leather seats, even a display case of Irish pottery. It's a pleasure to sit, admire the decor, and enjoy a drink. The Guinness pours smooth, and the stout's head remains once you've sucked up the last bit of heavenly brown liquid. But who would want to live on beer alone?
The food is excellent. Entrees start at $8 for a burger with the works and run $12 to $18 (steaks and seafood predominate). Try the charred bacon-wrapped scallops for an appetizer. The restaurant already does a steady dinner business with local residents, mostly families, but hasn't drawn the late-night crowds. It can be downright spacious on Friday at midnight. Woodhaven House is still getting established, but if this is first-night jitters, watch out. WH could easily become a Queens landmark.