The Bottom Line
Out back there's a garden with a fireplace to keep smokers warm on chilly evenings. In the summer NoNo's garden doubles as the best-kept secret on Bayside's Bell Boulevard.
- Outdoor garden with fireplace
- Friendly and hip bar scene
- Not a sports bar
- No TVs
- NoNo's entrance hides the interior
- Address: NoNo Cocktail Lounge, 42-32 Bell Blvd., Bayside, NY 11361
- Phone: 718-428-6666
- Hours: Tuesday - Wedenesday, 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.; Thursday - Saturday, 5 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Parking: Try metered spots on Bell. Side streets are tough. Rear lot is a tow zone at 11 p.m.
- Train: LIRR to Bayside, and walk south on Bell. No subway to Bayside.
- Bus: Q13 and Q31 go up Bell. Or a short walk from Q12 at Northern Boulevard.
- Night Out: NoNo's for drinks and nearby Erawan Thai for dinner.
- Private Parties: NoNo will host your private party and serve appetizers (no food served normally).
Guide Review - NoNo Cocktail Lounge - Yes, Yes to NoNo in Bayside, Queens
But a SoHo-inspired bar in Queens? "North of Northern?" Don't worry. NoNo's decor and atmosphere is a big step up from Queens dive bars; at the same time, you won't feel out of place in jeans and a t-shirt, waiting for your Guinness draft to settle.
The interior is a long narrow room with a good-old dark bar. Our bartender hit the mark -- poured right while being friendly, but not a chatterbox. Cocktails are favored, but the beer is fresh on tap.
The back half of NoNo is quieter, with small tables, less than comfortable stools, and long, straight banquettes. If only the banquettes wrapped around, then even more friends would rendezvous at NoNo.
The bar scene is singles-friendly, a pick-up spot, but no meet market. It's getting toward full on a Saturday night, not packed. For a great evening out, pair NoNo Cocktail Lounge with Erawan Thai, a couple doors down.
The outdoor garden (30 foot by 30 foot) will make you a regular at NoNo. It's warm enough in winter for smokers thanks to a fireplace and propane heater, and in the summer, it will be a hit with everyone.