The Bottom Line
The seafood is the big reason folks you come to Taverna Kyklades and return year after year. The octopus and the whole grilled fish are highly recommended. There's also Greek-style grilled meats like chicken kebabs and lamb chops, plus salads and dips.
- Awesome food
- Reasonable prices
- Great neighborhood vibe
- Terrible wait - no reservations
- Tables are very close together
- Taverna Kyclades Address: 33-07 Ditmars Blvd Astoria, NY 11105
- Phone: 718-545-8666
- Subway: N or W subway to Ditmars. It's a quick walk to Kyclades.
- Parking: It's very difficult to find parking on Ditmars. Try the small municipal lot on 33rd St, just south of Ditmars.
- Whole fish, priced by the pound
Guide Review - Taverna Kyclades - Restaurant Review
The well-executed Greek dishes -- seafood, grilled meats, salads, and dips -- are satisfying and delicious. They're the reasons you come. Don't come for dessert. There's only one -- and it's comes complimentary. But if you come to eat late, they might run out.
The atmosphere is friendly and boisterous. It is too crowded. The wait is too long, but everyone has a good humor about it. There's a vibe, a buzz about the food and the conversation that is infectious. The staff is busy, but takes care of you.
Because of the wait, I can't recommend Kyclades for young diners who aren't prepared. I can heartily recommend for anyone who loves or want to love the delicious tastes of Greek food.