The airport, originally named the New York City Municipal Airport, changed its name to honor NYC Mayor Fiorello H. LaGuardia upon his death in 1947. LGA and its larger cousins, the JFK and Newark airports, are run by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
LGA Flight Status
- Current LGA arrivals
- Current LGA departures
- Real-time LGA airport status (General airport delays and closings)
- Flight schedules to and from LaGuardia and other NYC airports
LGA TerminalsThe airport has a central terminal (Central Terminal Building, or CTB) with four wings: A, B, C, and D. There are three separate terminals (the US Airways Terminal, the Delta Terminal, and the Delta Shuttle/Marine Air Terminal). Two buses connect the passengers between the terminals. See a complete list of airline terminals at LGA.
- Continental Airlines, Continental Express, and Air Canada - Terminal A (CTB A)
- Air Trans Airways, ATA, Frontier Airlines, United, and more - Terminal B (CTB B)
- American Eagle and United Express - Terminal C (CTB C)
- American Airlines - Terminal D (CTB D)
- US Airways, US Airways Express, and the US Airways Shuttle - the US Airways Terminal
- Delta, Delta Connection, Song, and Northwest - the Delta Terminal
- Delta Shuttle - the Delta Shuttle/Marine Air Terminal
Getting to LaGuardia AirportLGA is only eight miles from Midtown Manhattan and very convenient for connections to JFK.
- Driving Directions to LaGuardia
- By Car: Take the Grand Central Parkway to exit 7 for the Central Terminal (A, B, C, D), the Delta Terminal, and the US Airways Terminal. Take the Grand Central to exit 5 for the Marine Air Terminal and the Delta Shuttle.
- Parking: There are several short-term parking garages at LGA, and one reduced-rate long-term parking lot. Near LGA there are several private parking facilities.)
- Parking Map
- By Taxi: Fares to Manhattan are metered. Expect to pay a minimum of $20, including tip and tolls. If there is traffic, the fare can rise significantly. Fares to Queens neighborhoods run a few dollars for Jackson Heights or Astoria, $12 for Main Street/Forest Hills, and $20+ for JFK Airport, the Rockaways, or Bayside.
- By Ground Transportation: Check options by subway, bus, taxi, or shuttle.