Arthur Ashe Kids' Day - the U.S. Open's great pre-tournament celebration for families - is August 25, 2012, and many of the day's events are free. Special tennis and music shows inside Arthur Ashe Stadium do require tickets. This day is a summer highlight whether your kid loves tennis, wants to learn about tennis, or just wants to run around and hear some music.
Free Activities - Arthur Ashe Kids Day
The gates to the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center (the USTA and site of the U.S. Open) open at 9:30 a.m. From then to 1 p.m., kids and parents enjoyed a free grounds activities and performances. Kids can join free tennis clinics and lots of different games, facepainting and more. Touring tennis players are on hand for autographs. Just this part of the event is great, and at no cost, families will love it.
Later in the day, the concert and performances inside Arthur Ashe Stadium require paid tickets.
Stadium Events (Tickets Required) - Arthur Ashe Kids Day
PERFORMERS ARE TBD - Past performers have included: Actor Bradley Cooper, New York Knicks All-Star Carmelo Anthony, singer Jason DeRulo and pop star Cody Simpson and tennis greats such as Rafael Nadal, Kim Clijsters, Novak Djokovic, and Andy Roddick.
- Arthur Ashe Kids Day at the US Open
- USTA National Tennis Center Grounds (US Open), Flushing Meadows Park
- Saturday, August 24, 2013
- 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m - free activities for all
- 1 p.m. - Arthur Ashe Stadium opens for pre-event show
- 2 - 4 p.m. - Stadium Events/Show (tickets required, $10-$20)
- Directions to the USTA/US Open