The Bottom Line
- Delicious pastries and cookies
- Has a few tables so you can sit and enjoy your treats
- Serves cappuccino and espresso
- Sometimes tough to park on Union Turnpike
- You'll gain a lot of weight
- Address - Lu Lu's Bakery, 185-26 Union Turnpike (just west of 188th Street), Fresh Meadows, NY
- Phone - 718-454-4300
- Fax - 718-454-4545
- Hours - Open till 8 p.m. Thursday to Saturday; till 3 p.m. Sunday; till 5 p.m. Monday to Wednesday.
- Parking is usually available on Union Turnpike, most often across the street from the bakery.
- Located a long walk from the campus of St. John's University.
- Bakes great wedding cakes and cakes for other special occasions.
- Lu Lu's is one of the best bakeries in Queens, NY.
Guide Review - Bakery Review: Lu Lu's Italian and American Bakery
Lu Lu's also attracts students from nearby St. John's University. Last time I went in there, I saw Lou Carnesecca, the legendary former St. John's basketball coach, sporting one of his trademark sweaters and introducing the Lu Lu's owner to a priest.
If you want a good Italian lunch or dinner before treating yourself to sweets, check out Acquista Trattoria (see link to review below), just up the block.