It's easy to reach Flushing Meadows Corona Park by foot, car, bus, subway, or train.
- Map to Flushing Meadows [Google Maps]
- Tiny Interior Map [NYC Parks] - It's difficult to find a good interior map of Flushing Meadows Corona Park, and signs at the Park can be confusing. Keep an eye out for one of the few maps at the Park.
By Subway and TrainThe easiest way to Flushing Meadows is by the #7 subway and the LIRR train. The #7 subway line stops at Willets Point/Shea Stadium, above Roosevelt Avenue in the northern part of the Park. The station is surrounded by Shea Stadium parking. Walk down pedestrian ramps to the main Park or Shea.
It's just a short walk to the US Open's East Gate entrance. Walk further south to the Unisphere and Queens Museum of Art (10 minutes).
Before and after performances only, a free trolley runs from the station to the Queens Theatre in the Park.
The Long Island Railroad (LIRR) has a stop at Shea Stadium along its Port Washington line (right at #7 subway station). Check the LIRR site for schedules. The LIRR only stops at Flushing Meadows when the Mets are playing or the US Open is in session.
For the Queens Zoo and NY Hall of Science take the #7 stop at 111th Street. Walk south on 111th Street to the Park entrance at 49th Avenue.
By CarGrand Central Parkway -
- Grand Central West (toward Triboro) - Exit 9P (Flushing Meadows Corona Park) - Turn left for tennis/Shea or right for the QMA and Unisphere parking. Else take exit 9E for Shea Stadium.
- Grand Central East - Exit 9E (Northern Blvd-east) - Follow access road signs to Shea Stadium. Right on Stadium Rd. Follow road counter-clockwise around Shea Stadium and under Roosevelt Avenue to USTA and main park. (Not the easiest way to the park.)
- Van Wyck South - Exit 11 (Jewel Ave) - Leads to an access road, from which an exit leads directly to Meadow Lake parking in the southern part of the park (and a popular BBQ spot).
- Van Wyck North - Exit 12A (College Point Blvd/LIE) - A bit tricky but follow College Point Boulevard (north) and look for park entrance under expressway on left. Parking for Shea Stadium.
- Van Wyck North - Exit 13W (Northern Blvd/Shea Stadium) - Leads readily to Shea Stadium and the marina. There is limited parking adjacent to marina.
- LIE Exit 22 to Grand Central Parkway (west, Triboro Bridge) - Then exit almost immediately at 9E (see above).
- LIE Exit 22 to College Point Boulevard (tricky) - Head north on College Point and look for park entrance under expressway on left. Parking available for Shea Stadium.
On the Corona side of the Park, both are on 111th St, the zoo has parking at 55th/54th Avenues, and the science museum at 49th Avenue.
Long Island Expressway (LIE) West - Exit 22 - Right on 108th Street, right on 52nd Avenue, and right on 111th Street for the zoo, or a left on 111th for the museum.
- From Grand Central Parkway west take exit 10W to LIE (west) access road and immediately exit at 108th St.
- Long Island Expressway (LIE) East - Exit 21 (108th St) - Left turn onto 108th Street, right on 52nd Avenue, and right on 111th Street for the zoo, or a left on 111th for the museum.
Coming from Flushing and Kew Gardens Hills, the easiest way to reach the park is via Jewel Avenue. Get on Jewel headed West and take the entrance to the Grand Central toward the Triborough Bridge. Before you reach the highway, there is an entrance to Meadow Lake. (However, you cannot enter the main part of the park from this area.)
From Roosevelt Avenue you can follow signs to Shea Stadium parking. From College Point Boulevard at Avery Avenue, there's an entrance to the park underneath the Van Wyck.