- See the previous page for Halloween in western Queens.
A real highlight of Halloween is the Amazing Maize Maze at the Queens County Farm Museum in Floral Park. The one-day Children's Fall Festival is also at the museum. Come for the haunts and stay for the hayrides, sack races, treats, cider, pumpkins, pony rides, and petting zoo. Check out the Haunted House and the Amazing Maize Maze between turns on the country-western dance floor. Wear your costumes!
- Haunted House, October 25, 26, and 27, 2013, 4-7 p.m., ages 4-12 and parents; $4 Haunted House admission; More for hayrides, cider, and treats.
- Children's Fall Festival, October 27, 2013 - 11 a.m.-4 p.m., $5, (more for Maize Maze admission $8 adults / $5 children) ($3 admission to Haunted House) ...in other words, it adds up fast. Haunted House is 1 -7 p.m.
- Pick-Your-Own-Pumpkin, October 5 to 27, 2013 - Saturdays and Sundays; 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; pumpkins priced by size
- The Amazing Maize Maze is Saturdays and Sundays, September 21 - October 27, plus Monday, October 14; 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., $9/$5 and group rates.
* Highly recommended by About.com for all ages
- Queens County Farm Museum, 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Floral Park, NY, 718-347-3276
Fort on a Haunted Hill - Halloween at Fort Totten
One weekend at Fort Totten in Bayside it's a great seasonal tradition, one your teenagers might even enjoy. The Urban Park Rangers lead nightime tours of the Civil War-era fort's battery. Expect frights mixed in with a history lesson.
- Halloween Tour of Fort Totten Battery - October 25 and 26, 2013, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Park in the lot just outside the Fort Totten on 212th St. Then walk onto the grounds or else hitch a ride on a special park trolley. You can try to park inside the Fort, but you might get turned back at the gate.
- 718-352-4793 for more info
- Fort Totten, 212th St and Bell Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11360
Fall Harvest Festival
Celebrate fall with games, music, and pumpkins.
- October 19, 2013, noon to 3 p.m.
Ghouls at King Manor Museum
The 18th-century King Manor Museum, former home of Constitution signer Rufus King, gets overrun by fall crafts, harvest foods, and butter churning.
- October 26, 2013, noon - 4 p.m., free
- King Manor Museum, Jamaica Ave b/w 150th & 153rd Sts, Jamaica, 718-206-0545
Halloween at the Queens Library
Local branches of the Queens Library celebrate with the holiday with a few Halloween parties. See the Queens Library website for all details. There are Halloween parties, scary stories, and/or arts and crafts at the branches in Bellerose, Laurelton, Queens Village, Hillcrest, Ridhmond Hill, Baisley Park, South Ozone Park, Windsor Park, Jamaica, Pomonok, Flushing, and more. At Flushing Library there's a Halloween concert and costume and scream contests on October 19, called Blood Moon Rising. Enough said.
Canine Costumes in the Rockaways
On October 26,2013, indulge your desire to dress up your pooch as a caped avenger. There's a canine costume carnival and more for your pets and you. At Rockaway Freeway Dog Park / Beach 84.