John Roleke has covered the borough of Queens, New York, for About.com since 2003.
- Email your questions and tips - Queens@aboutguide.com
- Got Events? - Get your event listed.
- Meet up on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/aboutqueens
- Follow me on Twitter
- Thursdays - Weekend events listings
- Free newsletter - Every Thursday morning
- Queens, NY, Forum - Ask and answer questions and post info to other Queens residents
In addition to About.com, John has written on Queens and New York City neighborhoods, food, and events for Time Out New York, Time Out NY Kids, Urban Folk, LIC Ins& Outs, and OffbeatTravel.com. He contributed to Ellen Freudenheim's guide book Queens (St. Martin's Press, 2006), wrote the Queens chapter for the 2007 edition of the Time Out New York guide book, and wrote a chapter on the 7 subway for the book New York City: By Bus and Subway. His photos have appeared in New York Magazine.
The NY Post has quoted him about the undiscovered treasures of Queens, and Gawker has puzzled over his taste for eating in neighborhoods outside of Manhattan. In 2007 the NY Times Travel section said his site "includes a lot of great ideas" for exploring Queens.
From John Roleke:
Too long has Queens lived in the shadow of Manhattan. We might not have its money (or attitude), but Queens has sights, tastes, and dreams all its own.
Over two million people live here; everyone from artists and hipsters to Wall Street types and immigrants with small businesses. Half of Queens is from another country, representing over 100 nations. It is the most diverse place in the U.S.
- Top 10 things to do and see in Queens
For tourists and residents, make sure you check out these Queens highlights.
- Eat, eat, eat in Queens
- John Roleke's professional website
Freelance writer and search engine consultant.
- Free, weekly newsletter on Queens
The easiest way to keep up-to-date with new and updated articles from Queens.About.com.