1. Local
John Roleke

Christmas Lights in Queens

By December 11, 2013

Christmas lights

Every street in Queens seems to have at least three or four houses or apartments totally glowing for Christmas. One of the best neighborhoods for Christmas lights is Bayside. Planning a Christmas decoration cruise in Queens? Here were the top-picks from 2012:

• 166th St @ 23rd Ave, Whitestone [Top Pick]
  • 33-20 205th St, Bayside (excellent) [Top Pick]
  • Corner of 212th Street and 32nd Ave, Bayside
  • 91st Street between 157th and 158th Aves, Howard Beach
  • 76th Street at 77th Ave, Glendale (more for the nativity and train set in garage, which are not visible from the street)

Got more to add? Let us know in the comments, please.

Got photos of Christmas lights to share? I'm starting a Christmas and holiday light photo gallery: Email me or dm on twitter.

Photo (c) John Roleke

Comments

December 26, 2007 at 10:52 am
(1) Reginald K Dwight says:

The Address for the 2 top picks are wrong It’s
33-20 205 Street Bayside &
166st @ 23rd Ave Whitestone
Other wise these are some of the best houses I amd my family have ever seen.
especially the 33-20 Bayside house. Nothing is cluttered together and the owner of this house allows you to walk in his backs yards of both of his houses to see the whole display.

December 26, 2007 at 1:47 pm
(2) queens says:

Thanks for the corrections. The addresses have been fixed.

December 26, 2007 at 4:28 pm
(3) Danial Thompson says:

Me and my family saw most of these houses on saturday night. In my opion the house on 205 Street is the best. Each section has its own theme.
The front of the house is broken up into three sections Toyland, The nativity and music land. The side of the house is all animated cartoon figures, South park, Family Guy, Peanuts and Disney. The backyard is Gingerbread land and the other Back yard is all polar bears and penguines. The garages are also seperated into two themes. One garage is all different santas with a fireplace and the other is all snowmen with a computerized Christmas tree.
This person was very generious and was giving all the children gifts and all donations were going to Saint Judes Children Hospital.
I would like to thank the owner of this house for helping our comunity to celebratate the Christmas spirit. Everyone should take there family there to see this beautiful display.
If anybody knows who does this please send them our family love and say THANK YOU.

November 1, 2008 at 12:05 pm
(4) john blaskovic says:

the house on 23 ave. and 166 st. has the most lights and brightest each bulb is perfectly straight this guy must start in sept. to finish in time i heard he does it by himself he puts a donation box out for st.marys childrens hospital this family has a heart of gold and loves kids a must house to visit this year and he adds new things every year where does he store all his displays !

December 16, 2008 at 10:32 am
(5) Jen says:

I love all these houses, they put such great work into all of them!! I love the house on 212th and 32nd avenue, its beautiful!! Plus its for a great cause, St. Mary’s Hospital for kids, which everyone around this time of year should donate too.

December 17, 2009 at 9:38 am
(6) Rhoda says:

The house in Whitestone is DEFINITELY the best-dressed house in all of New York!!! I know this family personally (Hey John B!!! Lol) & they put so much time, effort & love into the whole production…they deserve to win every year…:o)

December 17, 2009 at 9:45 am
(7) audrey says:

astoria/LIC across the street from the noguchi museum!!

December 17, 2009 at 9:45 am
(8) audrey says:

err, that’s 33rd rd & vernon blvd :)

December 20, 2009 at 9:18 pm
(9) Eleanor says:

May I know at what time the lights are turned on? I’d like to bring some visitors before they drive home.
Thanks.

Eleanor

December 25, 2010 at 11:36 am
(10) Fran says:

Thank you so much for posting these addresses!

I can’t wait to take my kids out tonight!!!

There’s also allegedly some great houses in Brooklyn, in Dyker Heights, from 11th Avenue to 13th Avenue and 83rd Street to 86th Street.

If I have time, I’m going there too.

January 1, 2011 at 10:17 pm
(11) margaret says:

wow did you see the house at 157-12 22 ave. all l.e.d. lights real bright and has some nice displays.

August 15, 2011 at 9:32 pm
(12) joseph says:

wow the led house at 157-12 22 ave is amazing …..

November 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm
(13) Roni says:

Does anybody know how to get a hold of these homeowners or any other amazingly decorated homes near NYC? We’re casting a christmas special on TLC and the winning house gets $5,000. Email me at homeshow@semisweetproductions for more info or if you have any other leads. Thanks!

December 16, 2011 at 6:11 pm
(14) DD says:

Hmmm just went by 33-20 205th St and there were no lights at all. :/ just an undecorated brick house.

December 16, 2011 at 10:25 pm
(15) Queens NY Guide says:

Sorry, DD! Striking that one from the record.

December 19, 2011 at 1:11 pm
(16) soraya rosario says:

the house on 188 80dr is so nice decorated

December 30, 2011 at 9:58 pm
(17) Lady says:

188th & 80th Jamaica Estates – lights, cookies, candies and, chocolate and King Charles Cavaliers

December 5, 2012 at 12:05 am
(18) Aj says:

The 188th and 80th road is amazing this year. Kinda cluttered but still a sight! How do these people amange the elcetric bills??

December 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm
(19) BaysideNY112 says:

36-40 213th Street in Bayside NY has a beautiful display. It is a garden apartment but it is decorated like an elaborate house display. The owner has musical snowmen that sing when you walk by and has a projector shining on the apartment building so that it looks like it is snowling. Very creative and neatly placed.

December 13, 2012 at 12:28 am
(20) DB says:

Does anyone know if the addresses listed in the article still accurate? I’d like to go on a tour of lights in Bayside this weekend. Thanks so much.

December 14, 2012 at 7:00 am
(21) alicia says:

in woodside on 51 &50 ave at 63ST & 62, 61 streets beautiful christmas lights in alot of the homes! check it out!!!

December 15, 2012 at 8:29 pm
(22) Me and You says:

Unfortunately, the house at 212th Street and 32nd Ave no longer decorates as they did in previous years. What a let down!

December 18, 2012 at 11:41 am
(23) Jake says:

Could anyone give me the exact address of 188th & 80th Jamaica Estates ?
Thanks in advance

December 18, 2012 at 11:43 am
(24) Jake says:

Could anyone give me the exact address of 188th & 80th Jamaica Estates ?
Thanks in advance

December 22, 2012 at 12:02 am
(25) Nikki says:

The Jamaica Estates house is actually on the corner of 80th & Chevy Chase (not really 188th). It’s spectacular – one of the best I’ve seen. The owner is having Santa & Mrs. Claus on Sunday Dec. 23 at 5pm; they’re shutting down the street and doing a carnival with cotton candy & burgers, and he’s partnered with the Marines to donate hundreds of gifts to Toys for Tots, so there will also be some Marines present. Very cool.

December 22, 2012 at 9:24 pm
(26) Alek says:

The house at 212th street and 32nd ave is no longer full of decorations. Only few decorations there.

Please change the list

December 23, 2012 at 7:37 pm
(27) Denise says:

Just came back from the houses in Whitestone and on Chevy Chase St. (which needs to be added to the list)….they were both great.
The 2 houses in Bayside need to be removed. I was bummed about the one on 32nd Avenue….they used to do such a great job!

December 23, 2012 at 8:17 pm
(28) claire says:

Utopia and 22nd ave is very nicely done

December 24, 2012 at 10:07 pm
(29) Jeffrey says:

The Whitestone house was the only one we saw decorated this year.

Disappointed that the Bayside on 212th Street stopped decorating.

I spoke to the SON a few years ago; he said the father did most of the decorating but passed away and he was carrying on the tradition.

No idea if they moved. Did they just stop?

December 30, 2012 at 5:27 pm
(30) Eileen says:

Really bayside 212 didn’t do it this year. I went last year it was so nice. 205 st had nothing last yr. I always go to Whitestone also. My dad told me about the one in Jamicia estates to see

January 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm
(31) Andrew says:

Not sure what happened to the house on 212th st and 32nd ave in Bayside. As recently as Halloween they went all out with decorations, including a 20 foot tall black inflatable cat. I remember them taking all the decorations down the weekend before the Hurricane. Maybe just too much of a hassle for them?

My favorite pick goes to the house on 162nd st and 32nd ave in Murray Hill. It had a creepy realistic Santa sitting on a lounge chair. Unfortunately the wind blew the lounge chair over in early December which the household never pushed back up. So Santa spent most of the holidays face planted in their yard.

December 6, 2013 at 11:31 am
(32) Jenny says:

144-03 Neponsit Avenue, Neponsit Beach, NY; This gentleman does an amazing display year after year and it goes to benefit JDRF. There’s also a mailbox for kids to drop their letters to Santa in. :0) The Rockaways know all about his house and talks of how generous he is within the community. Sandy sadly hit the Rock hard, and this gentleman as well, so to see his display come to life again is a blessing for all!

December 12, 2013 at 8:38 am
(33) Laura Jeanne says:

Woodhaven and 63rd Drive

December 14, 2013 at 10:25 pm
(34) Readermom says:

You HAVE to see the house on 80th Drive and Chevy Chase Street, which is just off Union Turnpike so not sure if it’s considered Fresh Meadows or Jamaica, but it is AMAZING!!! We found it by chance (in a snowstorm) but it is absolutely spectacular and a must see for everyone!

December 22, 2013 at 12:21 am
(35) Christa says:

The Jamaica Estates house is just beautiful.. There will be Santa there tomorrow, 12/22/13 from 5 – 6:30pm… If you are in the area I would highly recommend going. It really is a site to see!!!