1. Local
John Roleke

Chusok, Korean Harvest and Folklore Festival in Flushing Meadows

By October 9, 2007

Chusok, the Korean Harvest Festival (like Thanksgiving), is celebrated every year in Flushing Meadows Park. Expect music, dancing, and eating. The Festival is a major celebration for the Korean community in New York. The first day of the celebration is the warm-up for performers, and the real crowds will come out on Sunday, September 21, for the main event.

Comments

September 24, 2007 at 9:45 am
(1) Sue Sol says:

I thought that the date of Korean Chusok is September 25, not October 27. Can you confirm the date of Korean Fesitival in Flushing Medow?
Thanks
Sue

September 24, 2007 at 10:19 am
(2) Queens Guide says:

Yes, Chusok is October 27 and 28 in 2007. See the NYC Parks website for confirmation.

September 30, 2007 at 1:32 pm
(3) Miri says:

Chusok itself was sept 25th. the festival in flushing is just taking place in october. but what im not sure about is, is it october 27-28th or is it 20-21st? the link to the nyc parks website says october 20-21st…

September 30, 2007 at 4:34 pm
(4) queens says:

Huh! Parks must have changed the date to Oct 20 and 21. Blog entry updated. Thank you, Miri.

October 6, 2007 at 9:56 pm
(5) Mia says:

Why is there never a list of who is performing? Everyyear they have really famous people performing like mariah carey, se7en and boA but each year its different. I really want to know who is performing this year.

August 7, 2008 at 11:12 am
(6) david archer says:

hi the 2008 Korean Harvest Festival is Sept 20-21, can yo
914-299-0837u pls update your info. tks,
dla

August 7, 2008 at 4:12 pm
(7) Queens Guide - John Roleke says:

Thanks, David. Updated.

August 10, 2008 at 12:45 pm
(8) dave says:

Jang Nara s supposed to play

August 23, 2008 at 12:08 pm
(9) Lia says:

I was wondering if it was possible to find a list of the people that will be performing at the festival this year. It would be much appreciated if anyone could leave a link or a list and the source.

Lia

August 31, 2008 at 10:47 pm
(10) Sarah says:

hi, I was wondering if you could tell me where the event is taking place because in the description it said ‘festival site’ but I’m not too sure where that is. And also, when will the concerts be taking place because if it’s in the moring I’ll probably have to get there by dawn..
And one more last thing, could you tell me what the contact number for the festival is beacuse I want to volunteer there for some community hours..
thank you so much and I hope you reply soon!

September 2, 2008 at 5:36 pm
(11) Lia says:

The festival is being held at Flushing Meadows Park.

The times are displayed in this article, and the popular artists perform on Sunday at around 2.

The festival is presented by the Korean Produce Association, and you can contact them at this number: 718-842-2424

September 8, 2008 at 12:59 pm
(12) Rubin Einstein says:

For sure the festival is on the 20th of September. Further more I do know that performances will begin around noon on Saturday. There is a huge debut of a young Teen artist by the name of “Project E5″ who is a New Yorker from Long Island Produced also by fellow New Yorker JackDazey. A typical annual crowd is at least 30,000 in attendance. It is a huge event!!
The artist link is here http://www.sonicbids.com/jackdazey

September 15, 2008 at 3:35 pm
(13) Ann says:

The NYC Parks website says that the festival is only on Saturday, the 20th. This site says that it’s also on Sunday. Does anyone know if Sunday is happening? Thanks for your help!

September 15, 2008 at 8:57 pm
(14) Sherrilee Charlemagne says:

To Ann:

Yes. I called the park because of the same reason you said lol.. On their site, it only says Saturday. But when I called, the lady said it’s Saturday and Sunday. Can call for yourself if you prefer. The number is on their site somewhere >

September 18, 2008 at 12:17 pm
(15) Sesh says:

Thanks, John.

September 20, 2008 at 6:12 pm
(16) Corea RULES says:

The security is really strict entering the stadium area. Men are literally frisked from head to toe and asked to take off shoes like the airport. I did not know that there are many “Korean terrorists” in NYC. I thought we are peace loving people… I decided not to go in and just sample lots of ramen and rice cakes.

September 20, 2008 at 7:14 pm
(17) Ready Go says:

according to Last.fm Wonder Girls, 박진영, G-Soul, Min and J Lim are scheduled to perform.

Find out more at myflushing.blogspot.com

August 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm
(18) Trac says:

can anyone tell me the date and where get the tickets or do i just show how does it work i really want to go thanks

August 17, 2011 at 12:31 am
(19) Queens NY Guide says:

Trac – I haven’t heard about this year’s event. I’ll post here when I do.