1. Local
John Roleke

Christmas Lights in Queens? A Little Help Please

By November 30, 2006

Almost every year you can count on a few streets in Bayside, Glendale, and Howard Beach to light themselves over the top for Christmas, but I know there's more great holiday lighting displays in neighborhoods across the borough. I just don't know where. And could use your help.

Where are your favorite Queens Christmas lights? Are you hosting one yourself? What neighborhoods are the best for a Christmas Eve drive? Please let us know. Click the comments link and share the lights.

Here are a few favorites that we hope to see in action again this season.

• 91st St between 157th and 158th Aves, Howard Beach
  • Corner of 212th St and 32nd Ave, Bayside
  • 76th Street at 77th Ave, Glendale (with nativity and train set in garage)

Comments

December 11, 2006 at 11:49 am
(1) Julia says:

I went to see those three you listed – the ones in Howard Beach and Glendale were nothing special, but the one in Bayside was the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t add any suggestions to that!

December 13, 2006 at 4:44 pm
(2) Tommy says:

there are 2 other houses in whitestone/bayside, queens…they are right across the street from eachother…i believe they are right off francis lewis blvd. around 25th ave. good luck and enjoy the sight. happy holidays!

December 13, 2006 at 4:57 pm
(3) Queen Guide says:

Thanks, Julia and Thomas. I stopped by 212th St and 32nd Ave, Bayside, the other night, and it was full blown. Parents were getting kids out of cars to let them gawk.

December 3, 2008 at 9:48 pm
(4) kevin lynch says:

check out 166st. and 23 ave.in whitestone

December 12, 2008 at 11:07 pm
(5) Marcello says:

LED Lights Display set to dance to music every hour. 160-15 13 avenue whitestone ny

December 17, 2008 at 3:07 pm
(6) Queens Crapper says:

1882 Stockholm Street, Ridgewood (lights syncopated with music every night from 5pm-midnight)
69th Street and 60th Ave, Maspeth
Metropolitan Avenue and 56th Street, Maspeth
Caldwell Avenue and 72nd Street, Maspeth

December 17, 2008 at 3:09 pm
(7) Queens Crapper says:

Pitkin Ave and 78th St, Ozone Park

December 18, 2008 at 5:05 pm
(8) MY says:

I went to the Bayside house on 212th street and it was actually better than last year. I took lots of pictures with my boyfriend and would like to go back to take more pictures.

December 20, 2008 at 7:58 pm
(9) fudgythewhale says:

Vernon Blvd in long island city I take the Qio3 bus everyday for the past 20 years and never before has Vernon Blvd been so Adorn with christmas lighting. It made me finally walk along Vernon Blvd,shop,and drink. A local told me about a local website to find a apt on and I found out that Avalon Bay,Rock rose corp, and Hunters Point Community Development Crp were the minds behind the Christmas Lights. It is great because living in Queensbridge we have no feel of a real community but on Vernon blvd it Now has a feel of a Neighborhood and we are now going to move to Vernon Blvd area a place that has charm,community,and a Christmas Spirt along with some great resturants that we found out about this weekend.