NYC Parks hosts a Halloween celebration in two parts. During the afternoon there are games and rides, costume parades and races. In the evening, things get more serious with a tour of the Fort's Civil War-era battery. The festival is only one day, but the tours go on for two nights.
A nighttime walk through an old fort? It sure beats bobbing for apples.
- Haunted Halloween at Fort Totten
- UPDATE - Festival Day Postponed Until October 29 Due to Rain
- Halloween Festival -
October 28, 2006, noon to 4 p.m., free
- Halloween Tour of Fort Totten Battery - October 28 and 29, 2006, 6:30-8 p.m., free, no admission after 8 p.m.
- Park in the lot just outside the Fort Totten on 212th St. Then walk onto the grounds or hitch a ride on a special park trolley.
- 718-352-4793 ext. 16 for more info
- Fort Totten, 212th St and Bell Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11360
- More -Halloween Events in Queens